Gladstone Regional Libraries’ Home Library Service delivers to residents of Gladstone, Boyne Island, Tannum Sands and Calliope.
The Home Library Service caters to the needs of residents who are unable to visit the library due to medical, physical, or other special reasons.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must be a resident of Gladstone, Boyne Island, Tannum Sands, Pacific Ranch, Wurdong, Calliope, or River Ranch and in one of the following categories:
- Confined to home and unable to access the library due to illness or disability These conditions may be temporary, permanent, or recurring.
- Unable to carry items home because of frailty
- A resident of an institution.
- A full-time carer of someone in a category above and confined to the same home.
A final decision on eligibility will be made by the library manager based on individual circumstances.
How do I join?
Contact Gladstone City Library on 4976 6400 to request an application form or for more information.
A referral from a general practitioner or a welfare worker, such as Blue Care or Meals on Wheels, will be required with your application.
A Home Library Officer will arrange to visit you to collect the forms and discuss your requirements.
- Home Library Service loans are for 4 weeks, but items can be renewed if they’re not reserved by another customer.
- Materials for loan include books, magazines, music CDs, DVDs and audio books.
- Reservations for selected titles/items can be placed online or with a Home Library Officer
- If Gladstone Regional Libraries doesn’t have the item requested it may be possible to borrow it as an inter-library loan from a library service out of our region.
- Reference services are available by asking a Home Library Officer or by phoning Gladstone City Library.
How do I receive my loans?
Delivery and collection is fortnightly. The day and time are determined by the scheduled delivery run for each residential area.
Do I have a choice?
Before the first delivery the Home Library Officer will complete a reader profile to assist with selecting materials for you to borrow.
The Home Library Officer who delivers to you welcomes your comments about the loans and will adjust your profile to provide you with the most suitable items available at every visit.
Changes to reader profiles can be made multiple times so if you’re tired of an author or topic, or just want to try something different let your Home Library Officer know when they visit, or phone Gladstone City Library to update your reading preferences. The library team is happy to make the necessary changes to provide you with the best fitting materials for you.