Please note: the in-person assistance part of this service is limited due to COVID 19 restrictions
Do you need help with using your digital device, searching the internet or library catalogue, or using our eLibrary?
Why not book an individual My Library – Technology and Information Assistance session OR bring along a couple of friends and learn together! (See below, or click on the green button, for details about the service).
My Library appointments are for individual or small group lessons designed to help you learn at your own pace but with guidance from library staff. Bookings are essential but every attempt is made to cater to your preferred time and library branch; most appointments are for Gladstone, Boyne Island, and Miriam Vale branches.
Bookings can be made between 9:30 and 4:30 on most weekdays; Saturday Sessions are available several times a year (check the dates and times via our What’s On page). Saturday Sessions can be booked for an hour but drop-in assistance is also available if bookings permit.
Ask about our My Library service at your local Gladstone Regional Libraries’ branch or phone Gladstone City Library (4976 6400) to make a booking.
An online form is available by clicking the button below. You can use the online form to ask us how to find information or for Tech Help (digital devices, eBooks, eLibrary, and more). Open the form, enter your question and contact details, and click Submit.
The My Library – Technology and Information Assistance service allows you to choose your own technology, resource, or research topic for a one-hour learning session.
- We will try to help you with your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop or with using the resources in our eLibrary.
- We can show you how to construct reliable information searches or conduct some brief research with you.
- We can help you to use our library catalogue (including accessing your own membership record) to find, reserve, renew, or request items!
- We can teach you how to use your email more effectively – set up an account, create emails, reply or forward emails, print emails or attachments, add attachments, create and organise folders, and more…
- Our My Library service also provides training in accessing and using the Be Connected program. Click here for a list of Be Connected topics
Group Classes – the My Library service provides digital literacy group classes for adults as part of the TechTime program. Scheduled classes can be found via our library’s What’s On page.
Digital literacy and technology help is also available to library members via our eLibrary.
eLearning online self-paced digital device and technology courses are available from Be Connected, Hoonuit, Lynda, and Universal Class.