Do you need help with your digital device, searching our library catalogue, or using our eLibrary?
Why not book an individual My Library – Tech Help session OR bring along a couple of friends and learn together!
My Library appointments are for individual (or your own small group) sessions designed to help you learn at your own pace with assistance from library staff. Bookings are essential but every attempt is made to cater to your preferred time and library.
Bookings can be made between 9:30 and 4:30 on most weekdays; Saturday Sessions are available several times a year (check the dates and times below or via our What’s On page).
Ask about our My Library Tech Help service at your local Gladstone Regional Libraries’ branch or phone Gladstone City Library (4976 6400) to make a booking.
An online form is available by clicking the button below. Ask us how to find information or request Tech Help (digital devices, eBooks, eLibrary). Open the form, enter your question and contact details, and click Submit.
Do you need help now with finding information or choosing what to read next?
The My Library – Tech Help service allows you to choose your own topic for a one-hour learning session.
- We will try to help you with your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop or with using the resources in our eLibrary.
- We can show you how to construct reliable information searches or conduct some brief research with you.
- We can help you to use our library catalogue (including accessing your own membership record) to find, reserve, renew, or request items!
- We can teach you how to use your email more effectively – set up an account, create emails, reply or forward emails, print emails or attachments, add attachments, create and organise folders, and more…
- Our My Library service also provides training in accessing and using the Be Connected program.
Digital literacy and technology help is also available to library members via our eLibrary.
eLearning online self-paced digital device and technology courses are available from Be Connected, InfoBase, LinkedIn Learning, and Universal Class.
Tech Savvy Seniors is a program of computer and technology classes developed by Telstra, Queensland Government, and State Library of Queensland.
Gladstone Regional Libraries provides classes and individual help sessions for Seniors using the TSS materials. Check out our programs or request your own session (or with a friend) on a topic of your choice. See the details at the top of this page about booking personalised assistance as part of our My Library Tech Help service.
Specific Tech Savvy Seniors classes are for beginners age 60+ (or people who have some skills but want to learn more). The focus is on using tablets and we have some for you to try or you can bring your own tablet/ipad/laptop. Our general Tech Help sessions are for adults of all ages.
Contact Gladstone City Library on 4976 6400 for more details.