Do you need help with your digital device, searching our library catalogue, or using our eLibrary?
Why not book an individual My Library – Tech Help session OR bring along a couple of friends and learn together!
An online form is available by clicking the blue button above. Ask us how to find information or request Tech Help (digital devices, eBooks, eLibrary). Open the form, enter your question and contact details, and click Submit.
My Library – Tech Help appointments are individual (or your own small group) sessions designed to help you learn at your own pace with assistance from library staff. Bookings are essential.
Bookings can be made between 9:30 and 4:30 on some weekdays; Saturday Sessions are available several times a year (check the dates and times below or via our What’s On page).
Ask about our My Library – Tech Help service at your local Gladstone Regional Libraries’ branch or phone Gladstone City Library (4976 6400) to make a booking.
Do you need help now with finding information or choosing what to read next?
The My Library – Tech Help service allows you to choose your own topic for a one-hour learning session. This program is for adults of any age.
- We will try to help you with your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop or with using the resources in our eLibrary.
- We can help you to use our library catalogue (including accessing your own membership record) to find, reserve, renew, or request items!
- We can teach you how to use your email more effectively – set up an account, create emails, reply or forward emails, print emails or attachments, add attachments, create and organise folders, and more…
- We can provide training in accessing and using the Be Connected program.
- Gladstone Regional Libraries also provides Tech Savvy Seniors classes and individual help sessions.
Contact Gladstone City Library on 4976 6400 for more details or bookings.
Digital literacy and technology help is also available to library members via our eLibrary.
eLearning via online self-paced digital device and technology courses is available from Be Connected, InfoBase, and LinkedIn Learning.