- May 14, 2020
- Posted by: Librarian
- Category: Uncategorized
National Simultaneous Storytime is back for its 20th year!
Join us online on Wednesday 27 May at 11:00am as we head into the world of Whitney and Britney the Chicken Divas!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions we will be livestreaming the reading of Whitney and Britney from the Gladstone Library.
In the meantime, we have some activities for you to print and enjoy:
Follow us Gladstone Regional Libraries on Facebook for details about online events
Emma Watkins from The Wiggles reads the story on Story Box Library Login to Story Box with your library barcode or use the details below this week. All #NSS2020 participants have free access to the entire Story Box Library website from May 25-29 with the following login details: Username: 2020nss Viewer password: 2020nss
This week you can enjoy some YouTube video readings of the book too:
- View the Auslan video reading of the story
- Watch the Key Word Sign video
- Watch Stephanie Alexander reading by video
- Watch the Hon Paul Fletcher MP read the story
- Watch Ursula Dubosarsky, Australian Children’s Laureate
- Watch Justin O’Neill, North Queensland Cowboys reading by video
- Watch Hon Michelle Landry MP read the story
Or join a live Facebook reading at 11 am on Wednesday 27th May
- Join the Governor-General David Hurley and Mrs Hurley’s live reading
- Join the book’s author Lucinda Gifford reading the story live on either Scholastic Australia or the Royal Children’s Hospital’s Facebook pages. This is our first ever live reading by an NSS author so don’t miss this reading!
About the book:
Whitney and Britney are two gorgeous chooks who live alongside Dora von Dooze. But Dora is perplexed – why do her dear chickens seem to sleep all day long? Dora decides to snoop. She follows the chooks out at night to the local jazz club where she discovers, to her amazement, that they are Whitney and Britney: Chicken Divas!
Whitney and Britney the Chicken Divas is written and Illustrated by Lucinda Gifford and published by Scholastic Australia