To book a computer simply phone the library you wish to use.
To have fair access for all clients, the following booking guidelines apply.
- The Internet terminals may be booked for a 1/2 hour or 1 hour.
- One booking in advance may be made.
- One booking a day per person.
- Additional time may be allowed on a "walk in" basis.
- Bookings can be made in person or by phoning the library during opening hours.
- A booking can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Latecomers will not be able to make up time they have missed if another booking follows. A lateness of more than 10 minutes may result in the loss of the entire booking slot.
|Library contact numbers|
|Agnes Water Library||49021501|
|Boyne Island Library||49719700|
|Gladstone City Library||49766400|
|Miriam Vale Library||49746241|
|Mount Larcom Library||49751205|
Who can use this service?
The Internet is available to all, however, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a person over the age of 18.
Library staff will provide limited assistance for Internet enquiries. Library staff do not provide in-depth Internet training.
Guidelines and conditions
These guidelines are designed to assist clients to access the Internet in a responsible and informed way. Intentional misuse of these facilities may result in the removal of access privileges. Illegal acts involving the use of resources may be subject to prosecution by local, state or federal authorities. Unacceptable and illegal use includes, but is not limited to:
- Destruction of, or damage to equipment, software or data belonging to Gladstone City Library or other clients.
- Unauthorized monitoring of electronic communications.
- Intentional unauthorized copying of copyright protected material or infringement of license agreements and other contracts.
- The violation or attempted violation of any computer networks security system.
- The violation of the privacy of individuals or entities that are creators, authors, users or subjects of the information resources.
- The harassment, slandering or libelling of other clients.
- Do not use own programs on the personal computer.
- Do not attempt access areas of the computer or change default settings.
- Copying software is illegal and under no circumstances permitted.
- Although all care is taken to ensure a virus free computer for public use, this cannot be guaranteed.
Parents or guardians must assume responsibility for their children's use of the Internet. Gladstone Regional Libraries do not censor access to material nor protect clients from information they may deem offensive. However, users should recognise that other members of the public will have full viewing access to the Internet terminal and should be mindful of what Internet sites they access.
You may print files at 20c (Includes 10% GST) per page for black and white. You may also save files to a memory stick.
Gladstone Regional Libraries are not able to guarantee access to the Internet, or particular sites, or that the service will meet user expectations. By logging on to the Internet you will be deemed to have released and discharged the Library and Council of all liability in respect of any defamatory material on any database or viruses on disc.
A Wireless Internet service is available during library hours at Agnes Water Library, Boyne island Library, Calliope Library, Gladstone City Library, Miriam Vale Library and Mount Larcom Library.